Shotwell extension for Yandex.Fotki was committed
Yandex.Fotki is the biggest photo hosting in Russia and east Europe, it has about 2 millions of users and I believe quite a few of them use Linux. There are more than 500 Tb of photos already.
Patch is very non-intrusive for Shotwell core, it just adds another class construction into web publishing process, generic set/load/clear gconf helpers and some deps into makefile (all libs are already installed in glib package required by Shotwell anyway).
What we can:
- upload photos into existing album
- create album if needed
- set access permissions as well as hide original/forbid comments metadata flags (XXX flag was removed)
- upload photos with local tags
- set local tag which prevents upload (to eliminate copies, one can remove tag and upload will succeed of course) – removed in favour for future generic implementation suitable for all web exports
- use OAuth 2.0 for authorization (using embedded webkit toolkit to request tokens if they are missed as well as allowing to register new user just from Shotwell)
- cache username/tokens in gconf